Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a Sustainability Consultant at Quantis you will be expected to deliver high quality metrics-based consulting services to our clients in the Fashion industry.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You are motivated to put your consulting and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future
- You have demonstrated high levels of determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the fashion and sporting goods sector (either in-house or as a consultant) performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental engineering or similar discipline
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Strong knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Corporate Footprint, preferably carried out in a fashion company
- Understanding of other sustainability metrics, tools and frameworks, such as GHG Protocol, Science-Based Targets, UN SDG, …
- Experience with one of the LCA software tools (SimaPro a strong asset)
- Strong general quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Scientific programing: knowledge of Python, Matlab, ArcGIS and willingness to keep developing skills in this area
- Ability to collect, process, manage and interpret data in a form understandable to audience with various levels of knowledge on sustainability
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule
- You are a well organized person who can prioritize tasks well, especially when under time pressure
- You have the ability and affinity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You can step up in front of an audience and present clearly even complex topics
- Knowledge of non-environmental sustainability topics (social and governance)
As a Sustainability Consultant in the Fashion & Sporting Goods sector, here’s a preview of what your days will include:
Technical execution of tasks in clients’ projects:
- Working on projects in Italy as well as on projects from all over the world in collaboration with Quantisians from other offices (Berlin, Boston, Portland, Paris, Lausanne, Zurich)
- Executing tasks within Sustainability Strategy projects
- Performing product LCAs of various products and systems including complex novel technologies, materials and production processes from the fashion sector
- Calculating Corporate Carbon Footprint of fashion companies, including advanced Scope3 models
- Data collection from the client, its processing and management
- Creation of user-friendly MS Excel tools with models in the background of various complexity
- Writing of reports and creation of presentations of results in clear, appealing and easily understandable manner
- Supporting/managing clients’ interactions, such as project meetings/calls, workshops, suppliers engagement, etc..
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Italy (Milan or other locations) according to a distributed workforce framework (on-going project)
- Job type: full-time contract
- Optimal start date: January-February 2023
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Berlin, Boston, Paris, Lausanne, Zurich) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Italy, and at times Europe
- Eligible for tax relief for workers returning to Italy
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.