Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As an integral part of the Quantis Global Marketing and Communications Team, you will work collaboratively across the organization to create engaging, inspiring and thought-provoking content.
The Content + Social Media Specialist is an integral part of the Quantis Global Marketing and Communications Team, working collaboratively across the organization to create engaging, inspiring and thought-provoking content that advances Quantis’ strategic goals and increases brand visibility and credibility in the sustainability space and across key practice areas. This is a junior-level position that supports the Global Communications + Content Lead, as well as the Global PR + Media Lead, with thought leadership development, social media management, public relations activities and reporting.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your communications skills to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with planetary boundaries.
- You have 1-2 years experience with content writing for the web.
- You have experience with social media posting and account management.
- You have basic WordPress (or similar CMS) template population and editing experience.
- You’re experienced with online admin and MarComms tools — such as Hubspot, Google Drive, Asana (or familiarity with similar social media or project management tools)
- You have excellent English communication abilities (both oral and written), including writing ability.
- You love to write and you have outstanding writing and editing skills.
- You’re able to work well on a virtual team.
- You’re able to prioritize tasks and deliver on time (or communicate the need for extensions when appropriate)
- You can research resources, troubleshoot and solve problems creatively.
- You’re able to embrace change and shift priorities quickly, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You have tireless commitment to excellence and sweating the details.
- You’re a resourceful, organized and creative self-starter who collaborates well and can prioritize flexibility.
- You have strong emotional intelligence and cross-cultural communication skills.
- You have a strong desire to learn as much as you can
It would be a plus if you have the following skills on top:
- Understanding of strategic content marketing principles
- Knowledge of and strong interest in sustainability
- Experience working on a remote team
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field
- Experience working in an international environment
- Knowledge of French, German, or Italian would be a plus
As a Sustainability Consultant – Footprinting, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Content Development 50%
- Producing a steady flow of compelling editorial content (articles, videos, graphics, newsletters, collaterals, social media posts) for Quantis’ channels in close collaboration with the Global Communications + Content Lead
- Researching and proactively suggesting content for website and social media, following established content strategy
- Writing and editing news items for Quantis website and external platforms
- Coordinating with various Quantis communities to maintain accurate website content
- Ensuring content is written in a consistent tone that is both on-brand and conversion-centric
- Publishing content on the Quantis website (via WordPress)
- Assisting in maintaining the editorial calendar
- Working with agencies and service providers for larger projects
- Providing proofreading and copy editing as needed on communications and marketing projects
- Creating internal engagement around new content, launches and other communications initiatives
Social media 45%
- Planning, commissioning, editing and repackaging raw content developed by MarComms colleagues into multimedia content such as social videos, graphics and other shareable content
- Brainstorming campaigns and gathering inputs to execute them
- Maintaining the social media calendar
- Producing posts for our social media channels, ensuring community management, and conducting A/B testing
- Collaborating with graphic designers to create visual assets
- Working with MarComms team members to ensure consistency of voice, values, and messaging across all platforms
- Developing innovative new ways for storytelling and highlighting Quantis’ difference
- Helping to establish metrics and goals for tracking social media reach and impact with regular reporting and analysis on insights, using various analytics tools and platforms
- Engaging, growing, and converting social media followers
- Tracking and scoping changes in social media networks and the overall social media landscape to incorporate new content ideas and opportunities, design trends and posting strategies for better audience engagement and performance
PR and other 5% (or as needed)
- Monitoring and documenting media coverage, tracking mentions and compiling clips
- Maintaining and updating media lists
- Drafting pitches, conducting research for interview briefs, and centralizing talking points.
- Coordinating and scheduling interviews
- Other comms duties as assigned
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Anywhere within EST to CET timezone, US (East Coast) preferred
- Working time: 80–100%
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with team members in different time zones. Some flexibility required. Quantis has offices in Switzerland, France, US, Italy and Germany.
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.