Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based.
We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our mission.
During the absence of our current lead for a sabbatical, as Finance and Administration Lead in Switzerland, you will be responsible for the finance and administration obligations of our Swiss offices.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You have 2 years + of experience fully managing administration & finance of an entity,
- You have good knowledge of swiss accounting standards and ideally you have also worked within an international group with reporting requirements.
- You have worked with an ERP (Netsuite a plus)
- You are motivated to put your hospitality spirit and your top notch organizational skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You are hands on, disciplined but flexible, and ready to work in great autonomy in your role.
- You’re a team player who works quickly, independently and on schedule. You like to improve processes and find solutions.
- You communicate clearly and succinctly in fluent English and French, speaking and in writing (German would be a plus)
As a Finance & Administration Lead in Switzerland, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include, in collaboration with your colleagues around the world:
- Coordinate a team of three Quantisians.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related problems.
- Be the focal point with external entities such as bookkeeping company, auditor and banks, etc;
- Work closely with the CFO and manage Cashflow Forecast, Payables and producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Swiss Managing Director.
- Manage account receivables and payables activities and produce financial reports related to AP, AR, expenses etc.
- Coordinate regularly with the global finance team and lead the Swiss administration and finance team.
- Coordinate with the Talent lead regarding Salary payments, HR Policies, Insurances, Parental Leave etc.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zürich
- Working time : 80%-100%
- Optimal start date: August 2022
- Duration: Fixed term contract from August 2022 to February 2023
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.