Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team of talents have partnered with leading organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature — business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest environmental science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts , implement the changes and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Quantis is growing rapidly in Germany, currently employing 20+ people. As Quantis Germany Finance Lead, you will be the sole responsible for the branch’s administration and financial obligations, together with the support of our office manager.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You are motivated to put your hospitality spirit and your top notch organizational skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You are willing to use your good accounting and HR administration knowledge to join a small and dynamic team with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You have a good knowledge of German financial, legal and administrative requirements.
- You have worked with an ERP (Netsuite a plus)
- You are hands on, disciplined but flexible, and ready to work in great autonomy in your role.
- You have 3+ years of experience in an SME’s as responsible for administration & finance in Germany, and ideally you have also worked within an international group with reporting requirements.
- You’re a team player who works quickly, independently and on schedule. You like to improve processes and find solutions.
- You communicate clearly and succinctly in fluent English and German both in speaking and in writing.
As our Finance Lead in Germany, here’s a preview of what your days could include:
- Finance & cash: in coordination with our accounting firm, manage bills from suppliers and invoices to clients as well as expense reports.
- Tax matters : manage VAT on a regular basis & ensure that our tax advisor has all necessary information to comply with all duties.
- Human resources administration: in coordination with our accounting firm, manage the administrative aspects of hires & leaves, salaries, declarations to social administrations, etc.
- External relations: Interlocutor for third parties such as banks, outsourced accounting firm, Finanzamt, etc.
- Reporting & budgeting: in coordination with Branch manager, provide information for group monthly reporting including cash flow forecast and prepare budgets.
- Oversee office activities together with our branch office manager.
- Support the team organization.
- Coordination with group admin and finance team led by Group Financial Director.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Berlin
- Working time : 80% to 100%
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (US, Switzerland, France and Italy) via web-conferences, mostly in English
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.