Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
As our Food & Beverage Sustainability Intern, you'll collaborate with our Global Food & Beverage Sector Lead and team to research and shape materials on critical F&B environmental and business related topics.
Does this describe you and your next internship?
- You’re motivated to put your skills to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You’re fluent in written and spoken English; fluency in French, German or Italian are a bonus!
- You’re curious and like to research various topics related to the environmental transition of Food & Beverage companies.
- You have good synthesis skills and a strategic mindset.
- You have examples of work where you deep dived into technical topics and extracted key strategic insights
- You’re organized and juggle multiple projects + deadlines well.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit: you are always looking for new ideas and ways to push the envelope.
- You’re no stranger to topics like sustainable food systems, agricultural supply chains (like cocoa, coffee, dairy or others), some LCA modeling skills are a plus.
- You have recently graduated or you’re in the final phase of your studies in sustainability management or environmental sciences (ideally Master’s level).
- You have already completed an internship in a similar role, ideally in the environmental space, ideally linked to food & beverage value chains.
As our Food & Beverage Sustainability Intern, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Knowledge management: developing templates, factsheets, FAQs on critical food & bev related topics such as commodity deep dives (cocoa, dairy, wheat), including market and environmental topics, as well as what constitutes a sustainable food system
- Knowledge development: working with the topics leads to identify needs for templates and new knowledge development + supporting or leading the development of these new materials
- Trends assessment: identifying and brainstorming trending topics and summarizing key learnings for the food & beverage team + engaging and sharing these learnings with the team
- Support marketing material development: supporting the marketing initiatives from the food & beverage team where relevant through research and content development in collaboration with the global food & beverage sector lead and the marketing team
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Any Quantis office: Boston (US), Paris (France), Lausanne/Zurich (Switzerland), Milan (Italy), Berlin (Germany)
- Job type: Internship (6 months)
- Pace: Full or Part-time contract options (min 3 days/week)
- Optimal start date: January-February 2023
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.