Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
We’re hiring a Footprint Lead with the mission to lead our Italian metric-based team focused on multiple sectors.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You are motivated to put your consulting and analysis (metric-based) skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental engineering or similar discipline; a PhD degree involving significant conceptual and practical use of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is appreciated
- You have 7+ years’ sustainability experience either in-house or as a consultant.
- You have demonstrated experience in managing and guiding team with a servant leadership style
- Strong knowledge of Product LCA and Corporate Footprint
- Understanding of ESG-related topics, sustainability metrics and frameworks (e.g.: GHG Protocol, ISO 14040/44/64/67, PEF, Science-Based Targets) and eco-designing principles
- Experience with one of the LCA software tools (SimaPro a strong asset) and advanced data analysis / MS Excel skills
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Ability to collect, process, manage and interpret data in a form understandable to audience with various levels of knowledge on sustainability
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule
- You enjoy working with internal team members. Leadership, coaching and mentoring skills will be a plus. You’re able to guide a project team to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and a highly positive team energy and spirit.
- You are a well-organized person who can prioritize tasks well, especially when under time pressure
- You have the ability and affinity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You can step up in front of an audience and present clearly even complex topics
- Knowledge of non-environmental sustainability topics (social and governance) would be a plus.
As a Footprint Lead in Italy, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Managing and coordinating the Italian metric-based team.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to other team members on corporate foot-printing and LCA-related client projects, including deliverable quality checks and support to business developers and sector leads on new project proposals or client discussions.
- Direct client project work: Performing analytical role or project lead/project manager role and other types of client projects. This includes:
- Performing LCA modeling or other analytical work, or project lead/project management role, depending on the project and the candidate’s experience level.
- Performance corporate footprints and roadmapping to support client needs and project deliverables.
- Supporting/managing client interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Developing or supporting development of interim and final client deliverables.
- Ensuring the quality in the delivery projects or in proposals through technical & quality control but also in scoping work to deliver
- Thought leadership: Developing and sharing Quantis thought leadership on Corporate Footprint & LCA topics and trends; participating in relevant internal Corporate Footprint & LCA-related initiatives or projects.
- Training: Identifying needs, developing and delivering internal and/or client- facing training on key LCA topics.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Italy (Milan or other locations) according to a distributed workforce framework (on-going project)
- Job type: full-time contract
- Optimal start date: Asap
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Berlin, Boston, Paris, Lausanne, Zurich) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Italy, and at times Europe
- Eligible for tax relief for workers returning to Italy
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.