Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
You will lead a team of experts and consultants who design and deliver sustainable solutions that address the key challenges clients in Quantis’ core sectors face that are linked to agricultural practices and related environmental pressures.
The Land & Agriculture Branch Community Lead owns solutions development and delivery for all agriculture practices and land-based challenges for the United States branch. This role leads a team of experts and consultants that design and deliver sustainable solutions that address the key challenges clients in Quantis’ core sectors face that are linked to agricultural practices and related environmental pressures (e.g. land use change, carbon removals, water use and pollution) and impacts (biodiversity loss, climate change, water risk). The lead is responsible for managing and growing their people, ensuring team members are set up for success and focused on continuous improvement and growth while also guaranteeing scientific integrity and high quality project delivery; aligning clients needs with existing and new Land & Agriculture solutions offerings; and serving as the key representative of liaison of the US branch to the Global Land & Agriculture community of expertise.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your analytical and strategic thinking, and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future, and you believe in the power of science as a means to reach true sustainability.
- You have a strong scientific background and understanding of the relation between agricultural practices and climate, biodiversity, and water impacts, and improvement levers; while also recognizing the main limitations of current environmental accounting methodologies when it comes to agricultural practices.
- You are able to provide senior level subject matter expertise on land use and land use change related topics, including but not limited to: Agricultural management practices, farm-level assessments, annual and perennial cropping systems, regenerative agriculture, soil carbon accounting, carbon sequestration, biogenic carbon emissions, land use change, deforestation, watershed management, water impact assessment, and forestry management.
- You are familiar or comfortable with most common guidelines and frameworks in the sustainability space, including but not limited to: GHG Protocol, SBTi & SBT FLAG, Value Change Initiative (VCI), Accountability Framework Initiative, and more.
As the US Land & Agriculture Community Lead, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Team Management & Coordination
- Manage day-to-day operations of the US Land & Agriculture team
- Review incoming projects and the pipeline to anticipate capacity planning, identifying hiring needs, and determine developmental needs required to successfully deliver client work
- Ensure team members are properly staffed to projects at the appropriate skill-level and that team members are achieving billability targets
- Oversee team dynamics and schedules to ensure team members are able to cover for one another and able to support one another
- Problem solve challenging team situations to ensure client work will be delivered with quality and team members are well supported
- Engage in recruiting efforts, and coordinate on-boarding and training for US team
- Develop deep relationships with team members to learn how to best support each individual team member’s success at Quantis
- Inspire, motivate, and support team members in achieving their professional and personal goals
- Create developmental plans and conduct performance reviews that provide team members with clarity on their effectiveness and lay out a plan that helps each team member develop competencies and increase capabilities
- Facilitate team meetings and team events to foster teamwork and create a positive work environment
- Lead the development of solutions creations at the branch level to ensure Quantis is providing comprehensive and innovative solutions to client challenges
- Lead the execution and delivery for assigned client projects
- Audit deliverables created by team members for clients to ensure deliverables are of quality, achieve scientific rigor, and meet client needs.
- Contribute to the delivery of multiple projects with varying degrees of responsibilities including serving as the principal SME, providing support as an additional expert, or contributing to delivery on a specific task
Business Development Support
- Support business development efforts by providing expert opinion on how to solve client challenges
- Identify how to match current offerings with client needs
- Formulate new offerings that would enable Quantis to support greater client challenges
- Collaborate with leads, strategists, project managers, and consultants to collectively address client inquiries and support the closing of sales
- Liaison and frequently connect with the Global Land & Agriculture Community Lead to learn about relevant information, plan growth in the branch, and coordinate on the development of tools and frameworks to be used by the global community.
- Lead the Land & Agriculture community at the branch level by coordinating training events and learning opportunities to up skill team members with increased knowledge on Land & Agriculture
- Champion the Quantis Spirit by leading through empathy, fostering a culture of collaboration, creating an inclusive work environment, and developing a deep connection to each individual to understand how to best support team members
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Fully remote in the US with occasional travel to our Boston HQ and to client sites.
- Job type: Full-time
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.