Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based.
We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our mission.
As a Land Use Change Expert, you will be involved a combination of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the development of high-quality environmental sustainability consulting services for leading global companies.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated by our mission of building a sustainable future through guiding companies.
- For 3+ years, you’ve been sharpening your skills and technical expertise in a professional setting.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You are able to provide subject matter expertise on land use change topics and carbon removals, including but not limited to, deforestation, soil carbon accounting, regenerative agriculture, biogenic carbon emissions, carbon sequestration, watershed management, water impact assessment, and forestry management.
- Experience with GIS and/or know how to navigate satellite imagery or remote sensing data, and/or other carbon monitoring techniques would be a plus.
- You are motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You’re able to use your experience to provide technical support, coaching, and technical review both internally and externally.
- You are familiar with quantitative methods to turn your knowledge into metrics (e.g. carbon footprint).
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based climate strategy.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Agronomy, Forestry, Engineering, Hydrology or related disciplines.
- You communicate effectively in fluent English, and preferably also (Swiss) German
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have a message that you want to communicate to your peers and the world.
As a Land Use Change Expert, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include, in collaboration with your colleagues around the world:
- Supporting colleagues to assist them in understanding and implementing solutions with our experienced project managers and advising clients,
- Developing unique solutions to address Agroforestry challenges together with the related Project Managers and Strategists;
- Sharing knowledge for topics, such as land use change, deforestation, soil carbon accounting, regenerative agriculture, biogenic carbon emissions, carbon sequestration, watershed management, water impact assessment, and forestry management.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich preferably (other Quantis European locations can be considered)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (France, US, Germany, Italy) via web-conferences, in English
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.