Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
At the crossing point between all support areas, Operations ensure that the branch team is successful and fulfills its mission in the best conditions possible.
Operations at Quantis are responsible for:
- Skill & availability-based project staffing, pipeline anticipation, and planning
- Ensuring the efficient and healthy distribution of workload based on skills, competencies, aspirations, availability, and work-life balance
- Improving existing processes & tools and creating new ones, as needed, to support the evolution of our ways of working to foster impact, efficiency, quality & work-life balance
- Participating in training & hiring, to ensure the team’s skills & expertise is aligned with business needs
- Providing objective data and business-driven KPI on workload management, project staffing, and project financial KPIs.
You will support Nathalie, our Operations Lead at Quantis Germany branch, on the above.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You have a passion for problem solving and amplifying performance and productivity.
- You are empathetic and intuitive, you connect easily with your stakeholders and colleagues, you are curious and want to learn from others, your positive attitude is contagious!
- You have a natural sense for the organization and time management, you’re a team player who works quickly, autonomously and on schedule with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You have a structured and creative approach, you like processing data and making them talk, you know how to build meaningful and beautiful slides, you are comfortable with digital tools (knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning platforms is a plus)
- You are a facilitator, you know some facilitation techniques, you are at ease at change management and leading working groups.
- You are flexible, happy to adapt and support the evolution of your teammates and your branch.
- You are committed to sustainability.
- You have a successful track record of managing projects and change, ideally in both corporations and consultancy.
- You speak English fluently and German at an operational level.
As the Quantis Germany Operations Coordinator, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
You will lead the following activities:
- Workload management: ensure the reliability of forecasts (ie project planning, estimates and progress) in collaboration with project managers and consultants, anticipate and confirm situations of overloads or underloads, raise the alerts with the concerned consultants, and define & launch the appropriate measures
- Staffing: lead the pre-staffing and staffing request process, including collection of required inputs from stakeholders, identification of candidates’ availability and desires, confirmation of pre-staffing and staffing in the branch, proposition and organization of planning adjustments to solve staffing requests.
- Reporting & Monitoring: coordinate consultants and project managers to ensure timely time and project management reporting, validate the completeness of data, track the completion of project closures and analyze the project health reporting
- Communication & Facilitation: build the weekly branch news presentation and facilitate the meeting, track upcoming client presentations and shadow opportunities with project managers, Maintain branch information portal on Quantis knowledge Management platform
You will also contribute to the following activities:
- Cross-staffing and global staffing, with the other Quantis branches
- Monitoring of projects profitability and identification of areas of improvement: tools, processes, best practices, training …
- Operations reporting, mid-term capacity plan
- Deployment of Quantis global deliverables and initiatives
- Tools administration (ERP, project management …) and data quality & integrity
- Alignment between Operations and Business development
- Talent management: operational onboarding & offboarding, understanding and consideration of consultants’ skills, desires & career path, identifying training needs and priorities.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Germany (Berlin or other locations in Germany) according to a distributed workforce framework (on-going project)
- Optimal start date: January 2023
- Working time: 60%-100%. This position could be completed with a consultancy role.
- Frequent collaboration with all other Quantis branches (France, Switzerland, Italy, US) via web-conferences, in English.
- Ability to travel to Berlin occasionally
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.