Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
At the crossing point between support and business areas, the Operations Lead is responsible for ensuring that the local team is successful and fulfills its mission in the best possible conditions.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You have an outstanding track record of managing the operations of a growing consultancy/professional services/digital-IT company, ideally with 8+ years of relevant experience in a scientific/technical field.
- You already managed the operations for a team of 40+ people.
- You have a strong business acumen.
- You have good analytical skills using our internal tools (e.g. ERP) helping you make the best decisions together with your stakeholders
- You have experience in managing and supporting the development of a large team of consultants with technical or business expertise and various cultural backgrounds.
- You have a passion for organizing, finding solutions and helping your company perform in the best way possible.
- You’re a team player who works quickly, independently and on schedule with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You are an excellent communicator and at ease with change management topics, able to embark team members.
- You are flexible, happy to adapt and support the evolution of your teammates and your branch
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business management, project management or another related field.
- You speak English fluently, French and/or German.
- You have a good general knowledge of and interest in sustainability issues.
As our Operations Lead in Switzerland, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
In close collaboration with the Branch Director, the Branch Sales and Talent Leads, as well as the Group Operations Lead, the Branch Operations Lead is responsible for the Consultants team in the branch. The Operations Lead will ensure the quality & efficiency of project delivery as well as the team development and work life balance.
To be successful in your mission, you’ll have the support of an operations coordinator, Team leads and dedicated staffing coordinators for our main expertise.
- Organize the team to ensure right proximity with consultants and regularly adapt to the business growth in the various expertise domains.
- Support consultants in the Consulting team on their development pathway
- Propose needed recruitment in collaboration with the Branch Director, Global Community Leads, Sales Lead & Talent Leads
- Participate in team hiring and onboarding in collaboration with the Global Community leads and Talent team.
Performance management & excellence
- Provide objective data and business-driven KPI on workload management, project staffing, project financial KPIs and trigger necessary improvement actions, conducting change management to implement them with success.
- Work closely with other branch Operations Leads and Group Operation lead to establish best practices related to operations and project management all over Quantis and ensuring together with the Talent & Knowledge Management teams that these practices are spread among all the consultants.
Projects Staffing and Workload management
- Organize and own the projects staffing process with the Operations staffing coordinators based on available skills, seniority and consultant development path
- Ensuring efficient and healthy distribution of workload based on skills, competencies, aspirations, availability and work-life balance
- Coordinating the staffing of projects based in collaboration with other branches Ops leads for cross countries project teams
- Organizing Sales and Capacity planning in collaboration with Sales team
- Make sure of the efficient monitoring of the workload of consultants ensuring a fair, balanced & relevant distribution of work/projects and finding solutions for overloaded or underloaded consultants.
- Identify room for improvements and implement changes in alignment with Branch Talent Lead and Branch Director
- Maintain consistency, integrity, completeness of existing operations management tools over time and propose improvements to adapt to business needs and team evolution
- Ensure each team member receives the necessary training (Operations, Sales…)
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type: full-time contract
- Optimal start date: Asap
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Berlin, Boston, Paris, Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Switzerland, and at times Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.