Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your expertise to work towards our mission to align consumer goods companies with planetary boundaries.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been sharpening your skills both in sustainability and in an international environment.
- You are able to provide subject matter expertise on packaging in one of our core sectors, preferably in cosmetics.
- You have deep knowledge of the packaging development cycle (e.g. raw material sourcing, design, manufacturing constraints, etc.), end-of-life processes (e.g. chemical / mechanical recycling, etc.)
- You have an in-depth knowledge of recyclability and recycling aspects: current recycling schemes and limitations, at national and regional level (at least Europe + US), recyclability disruptors with a focus on cosmetics packaging if possible, strong knowledge of Recyclass / Circpack recyclability guidelines and National and regional recyclability guidelines (Europe, US, and from Recyclass, or Circpack for example)
- You are knowledgeable about recycled materials, including the related sourcing, quality and regulatory stakes
- You are knowledgeable about packaging regulations at a regional level and are able to grow this knowledge for internal and client purpose.
- You have a knowledge of packaging LCA or corporate carbon footprinting (GHG protocol)..
- You have strong peer leadership and project management skills and are able to organize work, motivate and empower a group of people (community) to deliver progress and achieve goals.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based strategy.
- You communicate effectively in fluent English. French, Italian or German are a strong asset.
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have a message that you want to communicate to your peers and the world.
Here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
The mission of the Senior Sustainability Consultant, Packaging Ecodesign & Circularity is to maintain Quantis at the cutting edge of the area of expertise in order to maximize the quality and impact of our advice to transform our clients, and to continuously improve our offerings.
You will be responsible for:
- Keeping Quantis up to date within the area of expertise
- Serving as the reference point for the Quantis team
- Guiding & upskilling consultants in projects and through trainings
- Developing & transmitting knowledge to others through our dedicated Knowledge Management platform & trainings
- Focusing on solving the client issues through the development & application of your expertise
- Performing project lead/project manager role and other types of client projects
- Ensuring the quality in the delivery of your expertise in projects or in proposals through technical & quality control
- Supporting strategists in scoping projects and preparing proposals
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider:
- Location: Quantis locations, preferably in Paris
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zurich, Boston, Paris, Berlin and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.
Motivated by our common purpose? Join us!
Learn more about Quantis
EU Deforestation Regulation: What companies need to know + how they’...
The EU Deforestation Regulation will require companies to do a lot within a short timeframe or face penalties for non-compliance.
A planetary boundaries approach is the only way for business to tackle nature-related risks
Operating within planetary boundaries is the only way businesses will be able to protect themselves from nature-related risks and navigate uncertainty.
Circular fashion business models are on the rise, but are brands on a ...
For circular strategies to work, brands must approach them not as quick fixes but as strategic business priorities, with clear links to company objectives and...