Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 300+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
This position aims to develop the Fashion & Sporting Goods sector by applying the Quantis strategy and implementing it through the sale and delivery of transformation projects targeted at fashion players.
Consequently, this role is a blend of business development, account management, relationship building, strategy creation & delivery, and people management aiming to support our existing and future clients in their sustainability journey.
Based in Paris and reporting to the Managing Director – Quantis France, you will:
- Build and develop Quantis’ Fashion & Sporting Goods sector agenda in France, and prioritise, define, launch and supervise the implementation of strategic sector initiatives.
- Develop and nurture client relationships at the C-Suite level to set up successful client relationship strategies to align our clients’ organizations with planetary boundaries.
- Manage and grow multiple key clients, acquire new clients, and strive to make Quantis their preferred partner for their sustainability transformation.
You will be successful in your role if you:
- Identify prospects and pitch our offer, either as stand-alone Quantis or together with BCG teams (our parent company).
- Achieve branch sales target that you will co-define with the Managing Director.
- Can anticipate your clients’ needs by building a strong network at the client thanks to your relationship skills and your credibility as a leading-edge sustainability transformation professional.
- Can leverage Quantis expertise and ecosystem to deliver the needed client transformation towards operating within planetary boundaries and co-create transformative client vision of sustainable business.
- Can ensure successful and efficient delivery of the sold projects by managing projects and collaborating efficiently with project team members.
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU AND YOUR NEXT ROLE?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting, strategy and client relationship development skills to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries.
- You strongly believe in the potential for the Fashion & Sporting Goods sector to lead the transition to a sustainable economy.
- You have a successful track record in sales and building strategies for clients.
- For 10+ years, you’ve been working in the strategy consulting space and/or fashion industry with significant exposure to and interest in Sustainability challenges and/or you have experience in strategy consulting applied to the fashion sector.
- You have a strong knowledge of the principles, actors, roles, instruments and issues within the fashion industry and a significant network.
- You have proven business development and sales experience primarily focusing on growing key accounts and executing sales initiatives to bring on new clients.
- You’re a team player that enables others to be successful at finding solutions using their expertise by providing clear guidance, support, and direction.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a team finding new solutions using your expertise.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent French (verbally and in writing) and English.
AS A BRACNH SECTOR LEAD – FASHION & SPORTING GOODS, HERE’S A PREVIEW OF WHAT TYPE OF WORK YOUR DAYS WILL INCLUDE:
This role combines responsibility to expand the Fashion & Sporting Goods sector in France as a Sector Lead and client relationship, business development and client project work as a Sustainability Strategist.
Sector lead responsibilities
- Defining with the Managing Director the strategy and sales objectives for the sector in alignment with the specificities of the market.
- Capturing client needs in your sector and planning Quantis’ approach to address them.
- Managing the sector sales pipeline and revenue (delivering on time with the level of resources sold).
- Developing and updating the mid to long term key client development plans.
- Network significantly within BCG and partner with BCG colleagues to ensure joint revenue.
- Animate a team of consultants dedicated to the sector, ensure their professional development and monitor their performance.
Client relationship and business development responsibilities:
- Understanding and proactively addressing sustainability opportunities through the client lens of competitive advantage, risk & opportunities with C-Suite level client stakeholders
- Creating opportunities for Quantis and BCG to work on joint projects of sustainable business transformation, leveraging BCG’s network in the sector.
- Supporting your clients in building the case for transformation and unlocking major budget for transformation development and execution
- Leading the co-innovation of entirely new transformative proposals
Client consulting sustainability strategy responsibilities
- Ensuring the ambition and coherence of the pricing strategy for the client
- Advising the project teams in executing projects at high quality to meet the objectives
- Ensuring and being accountable for the quality of deliverables of projects for the client
- Developing the client transformation sustainability strategy and reviewing the course of transformation with the Quantis team and the client
- Collaborate with Strategists and Project Managers in project delivery by bringing expertise and seniority when and where needed
TO THRIVE IN THE QUANTIS CULTURE, YOU’LL:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see setbacks as lessons learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
SOME OTHER DETAILS TO CONSIDER:
- Location: Hybrid Remote (offices in Paris, 75002)
- Job type: Full-time contract
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis branches (US, Switzerland, Germany and Italy) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our Braver New World video.