Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based.
We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our mission.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant at Quantis, you will bring in your strong technical skills/expertise to lead the delivery of client sustainability solutions.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your strong technical skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You have 5+ years’ in the Chemicals & Personal Care sector, showing a strong understanding of sustainability topics, services, and client needs relevant to Quantis.
- You have an understanding of technical sustainability approaches (LCA / product footprinting, corporate footprinting…) and/or strategic capabilities (, sustainability strategy development…).
- You preferably have a degree in Environmental Science (chemistry, biology, agronomy, etc.)
- You speak English fluently, French and/or German are an asset
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (presentations, proposals).
- You enjoy working with internal team members, collaborators. Leadership, coaching and mentoring skills will be a plus.
- You’re resilient, perseverant and self-motivated.
- You can generate valuable insights from analysis and communicate these insights clearly and compellingly.
- You’re able to guide a project team to work quickly, independently, and on schedule, while maintaining high quality and a highly positive team energy and spirit.
- You’re team-oriented and demonstrate a collaborative spirit.
- You have proven ability to network effectively.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant in Switzerland, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include, in collaboration with your colleagues around the world:
- Client project support: Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to other team members on analytical client projects, including deliverable quality checks and support to business developers on new project proposals or client discussions.
- Direct client project work: Performing analytical role or project lead/project manager role and other types of client projects. This includes:
- Performing LCA modeling or other analytical work, or project lead/project management role, depending on the project and the candidate’s experience level.
- Supporting/managing client interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Developing or supporting development of interim and final client deliverables.
- Thought leadership: Developing and sharing Quantis thought leadership on LCA topics and trends; participating in relevant internal LCA-related initiatives or projects.
- Training: Identifying needs, developing and delivering internal and/or client- facing training on key LCA topics.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich
- Job type: full-time contract
- Optimal start date: ASAP
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Germany, France, Italy, US) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in France, and at times Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.