Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
You'll support the delivery of high quality consulting services for our clients, with a focus on providing expert-level support and guidance on metric-related aspects of client projects, metric-based solutions to clients, and metric-related thought leadership internally and externally.
With our ambition to help our clients create corporate footprints and use LCA-based tools (e.g. life cycle analysis, carbon accounting, footprinting, ecodesign…) to find the most suitable solutions, we continuously strive to strengthen the expertise of our teams in LCA.
As a Senior Corporate Footprint & LCA Consultant in our US branch, you will support the delivery of high quality consulting services for our clients, with a focus on providing expert-level support and guidance on metric-related aspects of client projects, metric-based solutions to clients, and metric-related thought leadership internally and externally.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, curious, and organized sustainability consultant, a sharp scientific analyst looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You get excited about guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations as well as to communicate credibly on their efforts.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been sharpening your LCA analysis skills in a consulting, industry and/or academic context, performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics. Your deep expertise combines conceptual and practical knowledge.
- You have strong experience with LCA modeling, using multiple tools, including GaBi and/or SimaPro.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science or similar discipline. A Master’s or PhD degree involving significant conceptual and practical use of LCA is appreciated.
- You have strong general quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services, market needs relevant to Quantis.
- You have demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have the ability and affinity for supporting and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have demonstrated high levels of teamwork, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- You have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
As a Senior Corporate Footprint & LCA Consultant, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Client project support: Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to other team members on corporate foot-printing and LCA-related client projects, including deliverable quality checks and support to business developers on new project proposals or client discussions.
- Direct client project work: Performing analytical role or project lead/project manager role and other types of client projects. This includes:
- Performing LCA modeling or other analytical work, or project lead/project management role, depending on the project and the candidate’s experience level.
- Performance corporate footprints and roadmapping to support client needs and project deliverables.
- Supporting/managing client interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Developing or supporting development of interim and final client deliverables.
- Thought leadership: Developing and sharing Quantis thought leadership on Corporate Footprint & LCA topics and trends; participating in relevant internal Corporate Footprint & LCA-related initiatives or projects.
- Training: Identifying needs, developing and delivering internal and/or client- facing training on key LCA topics.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Remote (office located in Boston). You’ll have the possibility to work collaboratively in the Boston office as needed as well as to regularly meet your colleagues on team retreats.
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Switzerland, France, Germany, and Italy) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally (4 x per year), primarily to Boston but occasionally to Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.