Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
In this role you will lead the delivery of complex projects in the Fashion & Sporting Goods sector.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your environmental expertise and footprinting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, curious, and organized sustainability Project Manager looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You have the ability and affinity for supporting and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have 8+ years of experience, working both as an expert calculating, interpreting and advising on Footprints and reduction measures, and a Project Manager.
- Your experience resides either with sustainability consultancies, or as a sustainability professional in charge of footprinting and climate strategy within the Fashion & Sporting Goods industry.
- You’re experienced with Lifecycle Analysis methodologies (GHG protocol, ISO, PEF etc).
- You have experience managing larger scale project teams with enthusiasm and motivation. You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You get excited about guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations as well as to communicate credibly on their efforts.
- You have experience in supporting business development activities and actively create new client opportunities.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- You have demonstrated attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science or similar discipline. A Master’s or PhD degree involving significant conceptual and practical use of Footprinting / LCA is appreciated.
- You have full fluency in English, German and/or French are an asset.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Leading projects for some of our largest clients and multi-stakeholder initiatives in the Fashion & Sporting Goods sector.
- Leading clients footprinting efforts including company business structure mapping, data collection, modeling, and interpretation of corporate or product footprints.
- Participating in the definition and implementation of client’s Strategic Insights, Goals & Roadmaps development strategy.
- Leading a project team of consultants, quality check, guide and coach their work.
- Guiding the team in Interpreting footprinting results and explaining implications to clients, including senior management.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Preferably Zurich or Lausanne, Switzerland. Open to other European locations.
- Start date: asap
- Collaboration with other Quantis branches (France, Italy, Germany, US)
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.