Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a Senior Sustainability Strategist in Switzerland, you will develop and implement winning sustainability strategies for our major clients in Food, as well as contribute to the expansion of Quantis’ leading edge sustainability strategy solutions.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your strategy development, client relationship development and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced and motivated senior strategy consultant looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: Developing and implementing sustainability strategies for our key clients, leading account relationships with some of the world’s most influential companies across sectors with a focus on Food and other sectors, mentoring other team members on strategy skills, and helping to design the next generation of winning services and solutions.
- You have a deep understanding of business strategy and strategy consulting in the Food sector.
- You are motivated by the challenges of transforming the world’s largest companies into more sustainable businesses.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule.
- Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent English and French or German (verbally and in writing).
- You’re experienced at and passionate about supporting the growth and development of your colleagues.
- For 8+ years, you’ve been working in the strategy consulting space for the Food sector with significant exposure to and interest in corporate sustainability; some experience within a Food company is a plus.
- You have a successful track record in building and deploying strategies for clients; experience in project management is a plus.
- You have the ability to anticipate client needs and proactively offer solutions to help the client along their sustainability journey.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a team finding new solutions using this expertise to change the world.
- You’re highly motivated by the challenges of guiding global companies on a sustainable change pathway, adapting your strategy expertise to new challenges and innovating new paths to success.
As a Senior Sustainability Strategist, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Client consulting sustainability strategy responsibilities:
- Developing the client transformation sustainability strategy with senior sustainability leaders on the client side towards operating within planetary boundaries
- Leading a team of sustainability consultants fully or partly dedicated to your clients’ transformation to deliver the programs & projects (e.g. regular meetings, sharing knowledge & insights into the client organization and events, suggesting client-related OKRs, proposing their staffing on projects, etc.)
- Ensuring the ambition and coherence of the pricing strategy for the client across branches
- Advising the project teams in executing projects at high quality quality to meet the objectives
- Mentoring and training on the job the consultants on strategy skills
- Ensuring and being accountable for the quality of deliverables of projects for the client
- Reviewing the course of transformation with Quantis team and the client
- Participating in project delivery by bringing expertise and seniority when and where needed
Client relationship management responsibilities:
- Growing the accounts you are responsible for and ensuring their progress towards operating within planetary boundaries
- Leading Quantis key clients’ transformation journey through strong and growing relationship (formal & informal)
- Learning about the client organization and its ecosystem of stakeholders to optimize the transformation potential
- Sharing Quantis & external knowledge, insights, strategy & challenges with the client
- Building & coordinating internal & external stakeholder networks
- Brainstorming, writing, pitching proposals and offerings
- Building client development planning & strategy with the support of Quantis internal stakeholders and the clients ecosystem
- Working with the Branch Operations Leads to plan capacity to deliver the upcoming and planned projects
- Participating in marketing activities to activate clients and their stakeholders (incl. case studies) with the support of Marketing and Sector teams
- Monitoring the client-related sales progress vs. the targets, and work with Branch Business Development Leads & Operations Leads to plan capacity and work on staffing
- Identifying and building client-specific partnerships with stakeholders to optimize the client transformation
- Sharing and contributing to the development of innovative offerings and a new generation of smart sustainability strategy solutions based on experience and client needs
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type: Permanent contract (80% or 100%)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches via web-conferences
- Ability to travel, primarily in Europe (or in the US)
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor.