Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based.
We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our mission.
We are looking for an experienced sustainability consultant with strong project management and corporate footprinting skills.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your consulting and Carbon footprinting & reduction roadmaps skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, curious, and organized sustainability consultant, a sharp scientific analyst looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- For 4+ years, you have been working as an expert calculating, interpreting and advising on Corporate Footprints and reduction measures.
- Your experience resides either with sustainability consultancies, or as a sustainability professional in charge of carbon footprinting and climate strategy within an organization in the Food, Cosmetics and Personal Care, or Apparel sectors.
- You’re experienced with Lifecycle Analysis and know to use LCA tools such as SimaPro.
- You have already worked with SBT, neutrality, compensation, reduction roadmap, carbon pricing, risk analysis, etc
- You have the ability and affinity for supporting and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have experience managing project teams with enthusiasm and motivation. You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You get excited about guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations as well as to communicate credibly on their efforts.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. You know how to structure your own work and build relationships with teammates and clients.
- You have demonstrated attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science or similar discipline. A Master’s or PhD degree involving significant conceptual and practical use of Footprinting / LCA is appreciated.
- You have full fluency in English, German and/or French are an asset.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant – Corporate Footprinting in Switzerland, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include, in collaboration with your colleagues around the world:
- Leading projects for some of our largest clients in the Food, Cosmetics and Personal Care, and Apparel sectors.
- Leading clients corporate footprinting efforts including company business structure mapping, data collection, data modeling, and interpretation of corporate footprints (heavy focus on carbon, but may also include water, biodiversity, etc.)
- Participating in the definition and implementation of client’s Strategic Insights, Goals & Roadmaps development strategy.
- Leading a project team of corporate footprint consultants, quality check, guide and coach their work
- Interpret footprinting results and explain implications to client including senior management
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Zurich or Lausanne, Switzerland
- Contract: 80 – 100%
- Start date: asap
- Working mostly virtually currently with clients in Switzerland, Austria, Germany. Collaboration with other Quantis branches possible (France, Italy, Germany, US)
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer our questions.