Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
The Senior Sustainability Consultant - Land & Agriculture owns delivery for assignments focusing on agriculture practices and land-based challenges for the United States branch.
This role supports the development of sustainable designs and delivers sustainable solutions that address the key challenges clients in Quantis’ core sectors face that are linked to agricultural practices and related environmental pressures (e.g. land use change, carbon removals, water use and pollution) and impacts (biodiversity loss, climate change, water risk). The senior consultant is responsible for supporting junior staff and mentoring Quantisians, ensuring team members are set up for success and focused on continuous improvement and growth while also guaranteeing scientific integrity and high quality project delivery; and aligning clients needs with existing and new Land & Agriculture solutions offerings.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your analytical and strategic thinking, and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future, and you believe in the power of science as a means to reach true sustainability.
- You have a strong scientific background and understanding of the relation between agricultural practices and climate, biodiversity, and water impacts, and improvement levers; while also recognizing the main limitations of current environmental accounting methodologies when it comes to agricultural practices.
- You are able to provide senior level subject matter expertise on land use and land use change related topics, including but not limited to: Agricultural management practices, farm-level assessments, annual and perennial cropping systems, regenerative agriculture, soil carbon accounting, carbon sequestration, biogenic carbon emissions, land use change, deforestation, watershed management, water impact assessment, and forestry management.
- You are familiar or comfortable with most common guidelines and frameworks in the sustainability space, including but not limited to: GHG Protocol, SBTi & SBT FLAG, Value Change Initiative (VCI), Accountability Framework Initiative, and more.
- You are experienced with applying your knowledge in agronomy, fertilizer management systems, crop rotation management, or related subjects in order to advise and ultimately quantify improvements.
- You are dedicated to the deep reduction of fossil resource use, and agrochemical application as well as the elimination of deforestation.
- You have a good understanding or technical knowledge in carbon accounting, crop modeling, primary data gathering and LCA
- You have experiencing linking agriculture to different sustainability topics such as climate, water and biodiversity and know quantification methods in these fields
As a Senior Consultant – Land & Agriculture, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Lead the development of solutions creations at the branch level to ensure Quantis is providing comprehensive and innovative solutions to client challenges
- Lead the execution and delivery for assigned client projects
- Audit deliverables created by team members for clients to ensure deliverables are of quality, achieve scientific rigor, and meet client needs.
- Contribute to the delivery of multiple projects with varying degrees of responsibilities including serving as the principal SME, providing support as an additional expert, or contributing to delivery on a specific task
Business Development Support
- Support business development efforts by providing expert opinion on how to solve client challenges
- Identify how to match current offerings with client needs
- Formulate new offerings that would enable Quantis to support greater client challenges
- Collaborate with leads, strategists, project managers, and consultants to collectively address client inquiries and support the closing of sales
- Liaison and frequently connect with the US Land & Agriculture Community Lead to learn about relevant information, plan growth in the branch, and coordinate on the development of tools and frameworks to be used by the global community.
- Support the Land & Agriculture community at the branch level by coordinating training events and learning opportunities to up skill team members with increased knowledge on Land & Agriculture
- Champion the Quantis Spirit by leading through empathy, fostering a culture of collaboration, creating an inclusive work environment, and developing a deep connection to each individual to understand how to best support team members
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Fully remote in the US with occasional travel (30% or less) to our Boston HQ and to client sites.
- Job type: Full-time
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.