Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
The Senior Water Consultant will be part of the Quantis Water Community and will support the other members of the community and beyond with their expertise.
This Senior Consultant role will deliver on water-related client projects and support the water community and beyond in developing materials and managing knowledge to maximize the quality and impact of our water and related services (biodiversity, climate, land, plastic pollution…) to transform our clients and help solve global water-related challenges.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You are motivated to put your expertise to work towards our mission to align consumer goods companies with planetary boundaries.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience within a corporate, consulting, or not-for-profit organization related to water assessments, strategy development and project implementation.
- You have a master’s degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or other related education.
- You are a subject matter expert on water risk assessments including but not limited to basin and operational risks related to water quantity, quality and WASH, flood and drought risk, and scenario analysis.
- You are at ease and able to apply the following water and related quantitative methods: water footprint assessments, volumetric water benefit accounting.
- You have been exposed to collaborative water stewardship program/project development and implementation.
- You communicate effectively in fluent English and are proficient in French.
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach and train others with your knowledge and skills, and to provide technical support to internal and client teams.
- You are motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You are passionate about water and other environmental challenges and are willing to work and learn on a variety of topics (biodiversity, climate, plastic pollution, land etc.).
- You have a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based strategy and working in a dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are often required.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant – Water, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
▪ Client project delivery: including conducting water and other environmental assessments, interpreting results, preparing, and delivering client presentations, participating in client meetings and workshops, coordinating with the project team, coaching other team members etc.
▪ Contribution to the development of the Quantis Water Community of Expertise: creation of knowledge materials and templates, training delivery, collective development of solutions to address water-related challenges, innovation to advance water services to respond to market signals and lead the way etc.
▪ Contribution to business development: participation in scoping conversations with Quantis teams and clients, support in preparing and reviewing water-related proposals etc.
You will be responsible for:
▪ Delivering water and other environmental assessments (materiality assessments, water footprints, water risk assessments etc.), and contribute to strategy development and implementation (target-setting, roadmaps, action plans etc.) as part of client projects
▪ Serving as the reference point for the Quantis team in your specific area of expertise
▪ Guiding & upskilling other consultants in projects and through trainings
▪ Ensuring the quality in the delivery of your expertise in client projects or in proposals through technical & quality control
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Paris (Sentier, 2e), hybrid remote policy
- Job type: full-time (100%) or part-time (80%) permanent contract
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zürich, Boston, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in France, and at times Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.