Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
We are hiring a Senior Sustainability Consultant, Packaging & Circularity to maintain Quantis at the cutting edge of the area of expertise in order to maximize the quality and impact of our advice to transform our clients, and to continuously improve our offerings.
The Senior Sustainability Consultant, Packaging & Circularity sits within a Quantis community and supports the other members of the community and beyond with his/her expertise. Quantis communities are groups of people who share knowledge, innovate, solve problems and develop a collective and strategic voice to reach their full potential. This senior role will support the communities in delivering materials and managing knowledge to improve development and delivery of Quantis services.
You will be responsible for:
- Keeping Quantis up to date within the area of expertise
- Defining a Quantis position, rationale and narrative on the area of expertise
- Serving as the reference point for the Quantis team
- Guiding & upskilling consultants in projects and through trainings
- Developing & transmitting knowledge to others through our dedicated Knowledge Management platform & trainings
- Focusing on solving the client issues through the development & application of your expertise
- Performing analytical role or project lead/project manager role and other types of client projects
- Ensuring the quality in the delivery of your expertise in projects or in proposals through technical & quality control but also in scoping work to deliver.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your expertise to work towards our mission to align consumer goods companies with planetary boundaries.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been sharpening your skills in sustainability in an international context.
- You have a proven expertise in packaging & recyclability from professional experience and academic study based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You are able to coordinate multi stakeholders projects.
- You are able to provide subject matter expertise on packaging in one of our core sectors.
- You have deep knowledge of the product/service development cycle (e.g. raw material sourcing, design, manufacturing constraints, etc.), end-of-life processes (e.g. chemical / mechanical recycling, etc.).
- You have an in-depth knowledge of current recycling schemes and limitations, at national and regional level (at least Europe + US).
- You have an in-depth knowledge of recyclability disruptors and rationale, with a focus on cosmetics packaging if possible
- You have a strong knowledge of Recyclass / Circpack recyclability guidelines and National and regional recyclability guidelines (Europe + US) and regulations.
- You are knowledgeable about recycled materials, including the related sourcing, quality and regulatory stakes.
- Knowledge of LCA or corporate carbon footprinting (GHG protocol) is a strong plus.
- You have strong peer leadership and project management skills and are able to organize work, motivate and empower a group of people (community) to deliver progress and achieve goals.
- You are motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You’re able to use your experience to provide technical support, coaching, and technical review both internally and externally.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based strategy.
- You communicate effectively in fluent English. French, Italian or German are a strong asset.
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- You have a message that you want to communicate to your peers and the world.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Preferably Paris, France but open to other Quantis offices
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with all Quantis branches via web-conferences
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.