Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a Sustainability Consultant on our Transformation team, you will be a key contributor to transformational projects and analysis that enable client organizations to achieve their sustainability goals.
As a Sustainability Consultant on our Transformation team, you will be a key contributor to transformational projects and analysis that enable client organizations to achieve their sustainability goals. The Transformation team is dedicated to turning plans into actions. This team develops and executes cutting edge solutions in organizational change, supply chain activation, product management portfolios, customer & consumer engagement, and ecosystem stakeholder engagement. In this role, you will be a catalyst for success, enabling organizations to thrive at the intersection of sustainability and business performance.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You have experience with consulting engagements focused on climate strategy, sustainability, ESG, and business management.
- You have experience with creating new business models and long-term business strategies that optimize stakeholder value
- You are familiarity with scenario analysis workshops and helping organizations explore beyond typical planning horizons and increase business capacity for climate change adaptation.
- You have experience defining and implementing sustainability strategies across the consumer packaged goods industry, including supply chain, operations, and retail
- You understanding of ESG integration, including corporate governance, corporate sustainability reporting, and the broader ecosystem of ESG integration into investment and lending decisions (investment ratings and indices) with the intrinsic challenges companies face in executing on a net-zero strategy
- You have experience navigating common sustainability frameworks such as GHG Protocol, TCFD, CDP, SBTi, TNFD, GRI, SASB, and SEC Climate Disclosures, CSRD, EU Taxonomy
Organizational Change Expertise:
- You have experience with organizational change, supply change management, stakeholder engagement, product lifecycle management, & similar concepts.
- You have a strong understanding of how to promote the value of sourcing and procurement traceability and transparency across the entire value chain of consumer products.
- You are comfortable with high-level financial analysis ROI, P&L, and discounted cash flow modeling
As a Sustainability Consultant – Transformation, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Develop productive relationships with clients that enable transparent and authentic communication with the client and position the Quantisian as a trusted partner in achieving transformational sustainability goals.
- Develop and present thoughts and ideas with clarity and in a way the client is able to understand and follow along with project highlights and needs.
- Develop and produce clear and meaningful presentations that guide clients through the work being accomplished and connecting it with client challenges, needs, and goals.
- Supporting the business development initiatives and pricing models for the Quantis transformational offerings.
- Possess and develop a solid technical knowledge of core transformational competencies including organizational change management, supply chain management, stakeholder engagement, product lifecycle management, and similar concepts
- Possess and develop comprehensive knowledge of sustainability competencies including life-cycle-assessment, road-mapping, strategic sustainability planning, STBi’s & SBT FLAG, the Value Change Initiatives (VCI), the Accountability Framework Initiative, and similar concepts
- Build general understanding of business sustainability challenges across multiple sectors including food & beverage, cosmetics & personal care, & fashion.
- Provide and execute detailed analysis on client challenges, propose solutions, and execute on those solutions to help the client achieve their sustainability goals and overcome challenges.
- Design custom frameworks and toolboxes that fit within a client’s organization for implementing transformation potential.
- Diagnosing the limitations of client’s current state governance model for achieving sustainability targets and goals, identifying a desired future state design, and delivering a roadmap to achieve future state integrated governance model.
- Conduct high-level financial analyses on the capital and operational impacts of deploying sustainability projects and transformational opportunities.
- Support sector and client delivery teams in creating the executive narrative, drive client stakeholder consensus building, engage the broader organization, and provide data-driven decision making to our clients.
Community & Team Engagement
- Contribute internally to the development of innovative solutions, methodologies and frameworks that enable transformational sustainability goals to be achieved.
- Take ownership of internal projects as needed to support the growth of the transformation team.
- Liaison and partner with transformational experts across all branches to create a sense of community, collaborate on deliverables, and exchange learnings to support the growth of the global transformation community.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Fully remote with occasional travel (10% or less) to our Boston HQ and to client sites.
- Job type: Full-time
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.