Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a Sustainability Expert, Land & Agriculture, you sit within the Quantis community of Expertise for Land & Agriculture and join the other experts in supporting the community and beyond.
Does this describe you and your next role?
The Senior Sustainability Consultant, Land & Agriculture sits within the Quantis community of Expertise for Land & Agriculture and joins the other experts in supporting the community and beyond. Quantis communities are groups of people who share knowledge, innovate, solve problems and develop a collective and strategic voice to reach Quantis’s full potential to transform business. This expert role is to support the communities in delivering materials and managing knowledge to improve development and delivery of Quantis services.
The mission of the Senior Consultant, Land & Agriculture is to maintain Quantis at the cutting edge of the area of expertise in order to maximize the quality and impact of our advice to transform our clients, and to continuously improve our offerings.
- You’re motivated to put your expertise to work towards our mission to align consumer goods companies with planetary boundaries.
- For 8+ years (including a master or PhD degree), you’ve been sharpening your skills and technical expertise in a professional setting, ideally with some experience in the consulting and private sector.
- You have a science-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You are able to provide subject matter expertise in agriculture, including but not limited to, on-farm data collection, improved agricultural practices and farmer training. You are able to do this both at the field-level and at the corporate level (e.g. advise across 100,000+ farms).
- You are experienced with applying your knowledge in agronomy, fertilizer management systems, crop rotation management, or related subjects in order to advise and ultimately quantify improvements.
- You are dedicated to the deep reduction of fossil resource use, and agrochemical application as well as the elimination of deforestation.
- You have a good understanding or technical knowledge in carbon accounting, crop modeling, primary data gathering and LCA
- You are motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You’re able to use your experience to provide technical support, coaching, and technical review both internally and externally.
- You have experiencing linking agriculture to different sustainability topics such as climate, water and biodiversity and know quantification methods in these fields
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based strategy.
- Fluent in English, German and/or French is a strong asset
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
As an expert, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include :
- Supporting consultants, project managers & strategists in understanding and implementing solutions, advising clients and reviewing project deliverables or proposals.
- Developing unique innovative solutions to address agricultural challenges together with the related Community contributors, Project Managers and Strategists.
- Sharing and developing knowledge for topics related to agricultural practices such as regenerative and precision agriculture, fertilizer management, on-farm energy use and production, yield optimization, cover and rotational crops, and other agricultural practices and ensuring internal consistency and excellence of the Quantis approach on these topics.
- Support and advise our agriculture footprint experts on crop (and dairy) modeling and methodological discussions to bring in your on-field knowledge into our science based metrics
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! There are no problems, only challenges which need to be addressed.
- Keep improving and developing; use failures for identification of lessons learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions, all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type: 80 to 100%
- Optimal start date: Asap
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Berlin, Boston, Portland, Paris, Milan) via web-conferences
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.