Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in our focus sectors to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement the changes and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 300+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
You will be expected to help the team deliver high quality metrics-based consulting services to our clients in Italy.
As a Sustainability Specialist at Quantis you will:
- Be responsible for technical execution of tasks in client projects with your solid knowledge of LCA and Carbon footprint
- Contribute to multiple client projects involving one or more standard offerings
- Develop productive and comfortable working relationships with client contacts
You will be successful in your role if you:
- Reliably deliver error-free analyses and clearly communicate to clients and peers
- Can credibly explain the Quantis Footprinting offer and perspective to clients in project context
- Build a general understanding of business challenges in one or more core sector
- Take ownership of self-development, including knowledge and skill improvement
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU AND YOUR NEXT ROLE?
- You’re motivated to put your technical expertise to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries.
- For 3+ years you’ve been sharpening your skills and technical expertise in a professional corporate setting, ideally with some experience in the consulting.
- You have a science-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills.
- You have a first professional experience performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics, in consulting, industry and/or academic context.
- You have affinity for performing technical analysis, modelling, and data management.
- You can collect, process, manage and interpret data in a form that is understandable to audiences with varying levels of knowledge on sustainability.
- You’re able to generate valuable insights from analysis, and the preparation of clear and compelling reports and presentations of results.
- You have a strong knowledge of Carbon Footprint and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) services from a product and corporate perspective and you have interest in developing your related technical skills.
- You have an excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You have experience with one of the LCA software tools, e.g. SimaPro, GaBi, OpenLCA, etc.
- You are familiar with ISO 14040; ISO 14044; ISO 14067; ISO 14064 and GHG protocol for products and organizations. SBTi framework is an asset.
- You preferably have a background (professional or academic) in cosmetics, chemistry, or pharma sector.
- You’re motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- Working experience or collaboration in an Academic context is valuable.
- You communicate effectively in fluent Italian; you have professional proficiency in English.
AS A SUSTAINABILITY SPECIALIST, HERE’S A PREVIEW OF WHAT TYPE OF WORK YOUR DAYS WILL INCLUDE:
- Conducting a variety of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the development of client sustainability solutions. Examples of the types of work will include: quantitative analyses such as life cycle assessment (LCA); corporate and/or product footprinting (carbon, water, other); climate impact reduction scenario modelling and others
- Collaborating with the project team to develop customized solutions to address clients’ sustainability-related challenges, developing client recommendations on sustainability with guidance from other Quantisians
- Supporting client interactions to advance projects and to generate and communicate solutions.
- Preparing clear and compelling reports and presentations of analyses, results, insights, and recommendations, to support the project team’s communication to clients.
- Supporting the project team in helping the clients in their understanding and implementation of solutions.
- Supporting sales process if requested, including contributing expertise to proposal development and client meetings
- Seeing opportunity to support others and act on it
TO THRIVE IN THE QUANTIS CULTURE, YOU’LL:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see setbacks as lessons learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
SOME OTHER DETAILS TO CONSIDER:
- Location: Italy (Milan or other locations) according to a distributed workforce framework (on-going project)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (France, Germany, Switzerland, USA) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel (eventually), approximately 30%
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our Braver New World video.