Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a Sustainability Strategist you will be in charge of developing and leading relationships with some of the world’s most influential businesses in Pharmaceuticals, an emerging sector for Quantis.
As a Sustainability Strategist you will:
- Set up successful client relationship strategies to align our clients’ organization with planetary boundaries.
- Strive to make Quantis the preferred partner for our clients’ sustainability transformation.
- Contribute to the expansion of Quantis’ leading edge on business sustainability transformation.
You will be successful in your role if you are:
- Able to anticipate your client needs by building a strong network at the client thanks to your relationship skills, your credibility as a leading edge sustainability transformation professional
- Able to leverage Quantis expertise and ecosystem to deliver the needed client transformation towards operating within planetary boundaries
- Able to support internal teams for client project delivery
- Able to build stronger internal capabilities at Quantis to maximize our impact
Does this describe you and your next role?
▪ You’re motivated to put your consulting, strategy & client relationship development skills to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries.
▪ You’re an experienced and motivated senior strategy consultant looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
▪ For 8+ years, you’ve been working in the strategy consulting space with significant exposure to and interest in corporate sustainability.
▪ You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role:
— Leading relationships with some of the world’s most influential businesses in Pharmaceuticals, an emerging sector for Quantis
— Developing and delivering sustainability strategies for our key clients with the support of program & project managers, and consultants
— Leading a team composed of program and project managers, and consultants with various sets of technical & transformation skills & environmental knowledge and expertise
— Mentoring & training team members on strategy skills
— Helping to design the next generation of sustainability transformation offerings
▪ You have a deep understanding of business strategy and strategy consulting in the Consumer/Patient Goods sector, especially in Pharmaceuticals.
▪ You have a good understanding of organizations’ constraints and opportunities and you are able to anticipate & frame actionable and innovative solutions to help the client along their sustainability journey.
▪ You feel at ease challenging your clients, when necessary (e.g to align on the approach regarding Planetary Boundaries).
▪ You have strong strategic business planning skills and a successful track record in building and deploying strategies for clients; experience in program management is a plus.
▪ Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
▪ You’re a team player that enables others to be successful at finding solutions using their expertise by providing clear guidance, support, and direction.
▪ You communicate effectively and efficiently in fluent English (verbally and in writing). French/German is a plus.
▪ You have a strong ability to develop networks in your organization as well as in your clients’ organizations to maximize your impact.
▪ You’re experienced at and passionate about supporting the growth and development of your colleagues.
▪ You’re highly motivated by the challenges of guiding global companies on a sustainable change pathway, adapting your strategy expertise to new challenges and innovating new paths to success.
As a Sustainability Strategist – Pharmaceuticals, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
This role includes client project work, business development activities and learning & development opportunities.
Client consulting sustainability strategy responsibilities:
▪ Developing the client transformation sustainability strategy with senior sustainability leaders on the client side towards operating within planetary boundaries
▪ Leading a team of sustainability consultants fully or partly dedicated to your clients’ transformation to deliver the programs & projects (e.g. regular meetings, sharing knowledge & insights into the client organization and events, suggesting client-related OKRs, proposing their staffing on projects, etc.)
▪ Ensuring the ambition and coherence of the pricing strategy for the client across branches
▪ Advising the project teams in executing projects at high quality to meet the objectives
▪ Mentoring and training on the job the consultants on strategy skills
▪ Ensuring and being accountable for the quality of deliverables of projects for the client
▪ Reviewing the course of transformation with Quantis team and the client
▪ Participating in project delivery by bringing expertise and seniority when and where needed
Client relationship management responsibilities:
▪ Developing new client relationships within the Pharmaceuticals sector, growing the existing accounts you are responsible for and ensuring their progress towards operating within planetary boundaries
▪ Leading Quantis key clients’ transformation journey through strong and growing relationship (formal & informal)
▪ Learning about the client organization and its ecosystem of stakeholders to optimize the transformation potential
▪ Sharing Quantis & external knowledge, insights, strategy & challenges with the client
▪ Building & coordinating internal & external stakeholder networks
▪ Brainstorming, writing, pitching proposals and offerings
▪ Building client development planning & strategy with the support of Quantis internal stakeholders and the clients ecosystem
▪ Working with the Branch Operations Leads to plan capacity to deliver the upcoming and planned projects
▪ Participating in marketing activities to activate clients and their stakeholders (incl. case studies) with the support of Marketing and Sector teams
▪ Monitoring the client-related sales progress vs. the targets, and work with Branch Business Development Leads & Operations Leads to plan capacity and work on staffing
▪ Identifying and building client-specific partnerships with stakeholders to optimize the client transformation
▪ Sharing and contributing to the development of innovative offerings and a new generation of smart sustainability strategy solutions based on experience and client needs
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
▪ Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
▪ Optimal start date: As soon as possible (80% or 100% working time)
▪ Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Germany, France, USA and Italy) via web-conferences
▪ Ability to travel (occasionally)
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive. Furthermore, we have committed to take meaningful action that will create more diversity within the field of sustainability.