Green Bond on an vehicle fleet.
- ALD Automotive has set up a Green Bond Framework to finance (or refinance) a fleet of eligible vehicles.
- Their fleet includes : Electric Vehicles (EV), Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles (PHEV) & Hybrid Vehicles (HEV), operated in 22 countries, worldwide.
- In this context, the objectives for ALD Automotive were to be able to:
- demonstrate the environmental impacts savings of the eligible vehicle fleet for its Green Bond issuance,
- and assess autonomously the environmental impacts of the eligible vehicle fleet for its yearly CSR reporting.
- Quantis developed a robust methodology for assessing vehicle fleets’ environmental impacts.
- Quantis developed a tailor-made tool adapted to ALD Automotive’s needs.
- Quantis’ expertise on vehicles’ Life Cycle Assessment provided valuable insights on understanding environmental impacts.
Sound metrics for a successful bond issuance
- A robust and transparent methodology based on state-of-the-art guidelines and environmental databases
- Positive impact bond framework
- A tool that allows the definition of Green Fleet (selection by fuel type, country, segment)
ALD Automotive’s actions
- European roadshow with a positive reception by sustainable investors
- Positive impact bond presentation
- Successful issuance of positive impact 500MEuros bond to finance green fleet (14K+ vehicles) on October 5th, 2018
“Throughout the process, the Quantis team understood our needs, showed a high degree of flexibility and delivered according to plans. The tool gave us robust metrics assessing life-cycle impact of our fleet across many technologies and geographies. It strongly supported the rationale behind the bond emission and will open the way to a broader internal usage”
Stéphane Renie, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility