Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As our Global Chemicals Lead, you will be responsible for defining and executing the global sector strategy. You will ensure operational excellence and business development in the sector.
You will be responsible for defining Quantis’ purpose and strategy for the chemicals sector. Maintaining and improving Quantis’ excellence at both selling and delivering solutions in the sector, representing Quantis’ chemicals presence externally and leading the go-to-market initiatives in the sector will be essential. For this, you will lead a chemicals sector team composed mostly of key client managers (strategists) in different locations.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your business development and consulting skills to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with planetary boundaries and catalyzing the green transformation of the chemicals industry.
- You’re an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated sustainability professional and a clear strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- For 10+ years, you’ve been sharpening your strategy, project and business development skills in the chemicals sector.
- You’ve got a successful track record in building and deploying strategy in a similar top private sector consultancy/professional services firm in sustainability and/or in NGOs/industry associations.
- You have proven experience in working on strategy (how to define a strategy, what to look for, market understanding…).
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: defining the global sector strategy, helping the teams acquire new accounts and effectively sell Quantis sustainability consulting services, delivering environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients.
- You have a deep understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in the chemical sector and can develop insights and solutions adapted to our clients’ specific needs and objectives. For instance, you are aware of technologies like carbon capture and utilization, chemical recycling, and biorefineries. You can assess what their potentials are for the scope 3 of clients in our key consumer goods sectors, e.g. circular textile fibers for sporting goods, bio-based ingredients for cosmetics, and alternative proteins for food.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch. You have project management skills and are able to lead coordination efforts around key challenges
- You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing and can represent Quantis externally.
- You have a consultative approach working with clients.
- You are strong in peer leadership and able to empower teams without direct authority.
- You speak fluent English. French, German, or Italian would be a bonus.
- You have a degree in engineering and/or business. Chemical engineering would be a plus.
As our Global Chemicals Lead, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Perform market watch and review frequently to support the strategy development: major players, our positioning, the new trends …
- Define the long term vision for the chemicals sector, backed up by a yearly strategy, action plan, budget and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Execute the strategy, action plans and track progress for the various OKRs defined throughout the year and correct course and strategy if needed.
- Define services positioning and pricing and develop new service opportunities to accelerate business transformation and answer new needs. In particular, you will be responsible for deploying digital solutions for the assessment of corporate roadmaps and whole product portfolios with regard to innovative technologies and materials.
- Identify and confirm availability (capacity and fit) of branch teams for opportunities and projects in the chemicals sector.
- Ensure the ability to provide expert support across branches for all relevant topics and projects within the chemical sector.
- Lead hiring of further sector experts and support their hiring and training.
- Coach and mentor the strategists and project managers.
Marketing & External Positioning:
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications, develop and execute plans for marketing in the chemicals sector, creating materials as needed (templates, case studies, etc.)
- Be the “external face of Quantis” in the chemical sector (e.g., conference talks, webinars, articles, etc.)
- Coordinate with business developers and branch leads on the follow-ups from these different initiatives and track KPIs related to marketing initiatives (number of leads, number of projects, …)
- Develop or update knowledge assets, templates, tools, guidelines, processes or other supporting materials to support efficient delivery of quality services.
- Establish and communicate best practices, training and resource needs in the sector through Lessons Learned on finished projects and business development.
- Share opportunities and best practices with other sectors (Food & Beverage, Fashion & Sporting Goods, Cosmetics & Personal Care).
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Any Quantis location (Paris, Lausanne, Zurich, Milan, Berlin, Boston)
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with all Quantis branches via web-conferences
- Ability to travel in Europe and US
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.