Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 270+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a key member of the Quantis Talent community and an essential business partner, you will own the Compensation & Benefits and Performance Management processes.
As we are entering a new phase with the acquisition by Boston Consulting Group, this is a unique opportunity to scale the company to the next level with compensation & benefits as strategic drivers, while preserving the positive and unique elements of our existing culture, Quantis spirit.
The Global Compensation & Benefits Lead is a key member of the Quantis Talent community and an essential business partner with experience in implementation and administration of competitive, attractive and fair compensation and benefits programs aiming at attracting and retaining the best talent, respecting both the Quantis spirit and the needs of the organization and the budget while improving employee satisfaction and maintaining a productive and healthy workplace.
The Global C&B Lead will design and execute Quantis’ global C&B taking into account branch-specific needs to ensure innovative people solutions are aligned with business strategy.
The person will also be accountable for the Performance Management system. Last but not least, the Lead will also ensure that the right policies are set at local and global level, in line with BCG practices.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your strong HR and C&B skills to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries.
- You have a good general knowledge of Human Resources practices and processes.
- You have 10+ years of experience in working on Compensation & Benefits, ideally in a growing, multinational setting.
- You have strong knowledge of building compensation packages, bonus programs and benefits programs for various departments, seniority levels and locations.
- You’re capable of running complex quantitative analyses (building the Excel model to estimate cost of program, working with Finance, etc.).
- You have experience managing benefits and compensation in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- You have experience with setting up policies across different countries.
- You have a good understanding of performance management processes. Previous experience in an HR role focusing on performance management would be a plus.
- You’re creative and can design a brand new performance review process.
- You have an excellent understanding of job evaluation and job analysis systems.
- Familiarity with labor legislation in Europe and/or the US would be an advantage for your role.
- You have a BSc in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or another related field. Relevant certifications, such as a CCP or CEBS certification, would be a plus.
- You have strong skills in interpersonal and business communication and in influence and persuasion.
- You have confidence to have a strong point of view and express it, even if it proves unpopular.
- You have a good understanding of how businesses operate and measure success.
- You’re able to build long-term, trusting relationships with cross-functional teams in a fluid, multinational and multicultural organization.
- You focus on delivering business outcomes through effective partnering.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills: Team player mindset, ability to communicate tactfully and maturely, and to demonstrate flexibility.
- You have a well-developed global and cultural awareness, and an appreciation for and ability to leverage diversity.
- You’re able to bridge strategy and execution.
- You’re agile, resilient, and have self-management skills to adapt to changing needs while remaining grounded in and aligned with vision, strategy, and guiding principles.
- You have an optimistic, forward-looking and solution-oriented attitude and approach.
- You’re able to use sound judgment in decision-making.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities in a fluid environment.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of or fluency in French, German or Italian will be an asset.
As Quantis Group’s Compensation & Benefits Lead, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Function as a key member of the Talent team, working on the continued development and improvement of fair, equitable compensation & benefits programs
- In close collaboration with the business and Branch Talent Leads, ensure that the yearly performance review process is executed and properly managed
- Own the yearly Performance Review & Compensation Review processes
- Be the sole communicator for all questions related to C&B and Performance Review
- Propose improvements to the leadership team & ensure appropriate and timely communication to the employees regarding important changes
- Collaborate closely with BCG Compensation & Benefits team to ensure alignment
- Evaluate & improve the newly established C&B process, taking into account latest research on compensation, motivation and neurosciences
- Run the yearly compensation review campaigns, from budget definition to implementation into payroll
- Conduct compensation benchmarking surveys
- Communicate with third-party services to negotiate benefit plans and resolve benefit-related issues
- Provide support to the Talent Acquisition team for candidate offers to ensure that job offers are both based on market rate and have internal equity
- Ensure all programs, policies, and procedures comply with current legislations in countries where Quantis is present
- Build the whole performance review process ( objectives per role, evaluation criteria & frequency, impaction on compensation/promotion…)
- Implement the process by the end of 2023
- Implement the BCG policies as required
- Develop Quantis specific policies at branch and Group level
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Any Quantis location (Switzerland, France, Italy, Germany, US)
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with all Quantis branches via web
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.