Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 300+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
In this role as Quantis Sustainability Expert – Environmental Risk, you will be expected to provide expertise, quantitative methodological guidance and high quality, data-based deliverables to the branch, supporting both our team and our corporate clients regarding environment-related business risk and opportunities assessment, climate change adaptation and risk-based operation.
You will be accountable for the company’s excellence in this field and ensure we support our clients’ transition towards sustainability. We’re looking for a candidate with a passion for data science, environmental / risk / business statistics and experience in conducting corporate environment-related (or methodologically similar) risk and opportunities assessments.
As a Sustainability Expert – Environmental Risk at Quantis you will:
- Be a subject matter expert for Quantis France in the field of business risk and opportunities assessment
- Contribute to multiple client projects including significant projects at key account level
- Develop credible, trusted relationships with senior client project contacts
- Support sales process on complex, significant opportunities at key accounts
You will be successful in your role if you:
- Master Quantis offers within your expertise area
- Reliably deliver error-free and insightful analyses and recommendations in challenging analytical contexts
- Are seen as an effective team leader on projects and in the expert community
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU AND YOUR NEXT ROLE?
- You’re motivated to put your technical expertise to work towards our mission of building an environmentally and economically sustainable future and aligning businesses with planetary boundaries.
- You have 7+ years work experience in consulting, sustainability, strategy, environment-related data science, or environmental strategy.
- For 3+ years, you have been sharpening your risk assessment methodology skills and technical expertise in the field of environmental risk advisory
- You have demonstrated experience assessing and solving environmental risks from a business perspective, and conducting future scenario analysis.
- You have experience in translating the impact of environment-related risk into financial terms and practical guidance for business operation and strategy.
- You have experience with all aspects of environment-related risk assessment or management at the firm level.
- You’re an entrepreneurial and motivated sustainability professional and a strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with sustainability leaders and experts.
- You’re energized by a fast-paced and diverse role: effectively delivering Quantis’ risk offering, ensuring the timely delivery of the related projects, supporting the development of the offering at the group level and supporting the training of the Strategy Design community of practice to acquire new skills and providing expertise to the various branches.
- You have a science-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences, including top management.
- You’re motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You have business acumen and a consultative approach working with clients.
- You communicate effectively in fluent English. French would be a plus.
AS A SUSTAINABILITY EXPERT – ENVIRONMENTAL RISK, HERE’S A PREVIEW OF WHAT TYPE OF WORK YOUR DAYS WILL INCLUDE:
- Consulting with clients and colleagues across multiple industries (Food & Beverage, Fashion & Sporting Goods, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals), to assist them in understanding and implementing environmental risks & opportunities.
- Serving as a subject matter expert to support Quantis France in successfully delivering on environmental risk projects.
- Using robust methodologies to assess clients’ environment-related risk and opportunity, develop high-quality deliverables, and conduct client meetings.
- Training: as subject matter expert, contribute to the development of materials to train consultants and business developers on risk and delivery of our risk service; participate in relevant internal discussions and guiding project teams.
- Ensuring internal consistency and excellence of the Quantis approach in your expertise area.
- Identifying and communicating complex sustainability issues and opportunity for business value in clear and actionable way.
- Providing reliable proposal review.
- Proactively identifying further sales opportunities at active clients.
- Challenging an operating budget with additional services.
TO THRIVE IN THE QUANTIS CULTURE, YOU’LL:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see setbacks as lessons learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
SOME OTHER DETAILS TO CONSIDER:
- Location: Hybrid Remote (offices in Paris, 75002)
- Job type: Full-time contract
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis branches (US, Switzerland, Germany and Italy) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our Braver New World video.