Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 260+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a Sustainability Specialist at Quantis you will be expected to deliver high quality metrics-based consulting services to our clients.
Does this describe you and your next role?
CONSULTANT STYLE OF WORK AND EXPERIENCE
- You are a well organized person who can prioritize tasks well, especially when under time pressure
- You have the ability and affinity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule
- You are motivated to put your consulting and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future
- You have demonstrated high levels of determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skills
- You can step up in front of an audience and present clearly even complex topics
MANDATORY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Environmental engineering or similar discipline
- Fluent in English, French and/or German
- 1 to 3 years of experience on sustainability topics, performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics
- Strong knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Corporate Footprint, carried out in our of our key sectors (food, fashion or cosmetics).
- Understanding of other sustainability metrics, tools and frameworks, such as GHG Protocol, Science-Based Targets, UN SDG, …
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with one of the LCA software tools (SimaPro a strong asset)
- Strong general quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to collect, process, manage and interpret data in a form understandable to audience with various levels of knowledge on sustainability
- Thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services, market needs relevant to Quantis
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Scientific programing: knowledge of Python, Matlab, ArcGIS and interest to develop skills in this area
- Knowledge of non-environmental sustainability topics (social and governance)
As a Sustainability Specialist here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
Technical execution of tasks in clients’ projects:
- Working on projects in Switzerland as well as on projects from all over the world in collaboration with Quantisians from other offices (Berlin, Boston, Portland, Paris, Milan)
- Performing product LCAs of various products and systems including complex novel technologies
- Calculating Corporate Carbon Footprint, including advanced Scope3 models
- Data collection from the client, its processing and management
- Creation of user-friendly MS Excel tools with models in the background of various complexity
- Writing of reports and creation of presentations of results in clear, appealing and easily understandable manner
- Supporting/managing clients’ interactions, such as project meetings/calls, workshops, suppliers engagement, etc..
- Take an active role in the projects’ teams
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Lausanne or Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type: full-time contract
- Optimal start date: Asap
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Berlin, Boston, Paris, Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Switzerland, and at times Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor.