Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your software craftsmanship skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re a developer looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts to translate their insights and expertise into powerful digital tools.
- You’re convinced that Agile methodologies and Clean code practices are essential to build useful and maintainable software.
- You’re excited about software design, architecture and technologies. You have a curious mind and enjoy a good problem to solve.
- You have a strong knowledge of common programming languages (Java, Python), you are familiar with relational databases and with web technologies (Angular Typescript, HTML 5, CSS)
- Experience with docker, terraform and major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) would be a plus
- For 1+ year you have been sharpening your software design skills and have contributed to software running in production.
- You communicate in fluent French and professional English.
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
Here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Develop SaaS solutions for sustainability with a focus on code quality
- Develop state of the art Life Cycle Analysis models in collaboration with Quantis consultant
- Participate in software architecture design
- Automate deployment processes in the cloud
Other responsibilities could include
- Leading the software development projects
- Managing client relations
- Gather specification (scoping) to establish product backlogs and write user stories
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Collaborate with team members, express technical leadership supporting your views and ideas while keeping open to different opinions, being confident, and continually supplying to the team’s overall growth.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take the initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions, all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating.
Some logistics to consider:
- Location: Lausanne/Zürich, Switzerland
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Frequent collaboration with other Quantis branches (Boston, Lausanne/Zürich, Paris, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences or in-person
- Ability to travel occasionally for internal meetings
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.
Motivated by our common purpose? Join us!
Learn more about Quantis
EU Deforestation Regulation: What companies need to know + how they’...
The EU Deforestation Regulation will require companies to do a lot within a short timeframe or face penalties for non-compliance.
A planetary boundaries approach is the only way for business to tackle nature-related risks
Operating within planetary boundaries is the only way businesses will be able to protect themselves from nature-related risks and navigate uncertainty.
Circular fashion business models are on the rise, but are brands on a ...
For circular strategies to work, brands must approach them not as quick fixes but as strategic business priorities, with clear links to company objectives and...