Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 300+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
This role supports the development and delivery of sustainable solutions that address key challenges that Quantis clients in the LCA and footprinting space ensuring that the proposed delivery meets clients’ needs. Your mission will be to maintain Quantis at the cutting edge of your area of expertise to maximize the quality and impact of our advice to transform our clients, and to continuously improve our offerings.
Your major responsibilities as Sustainability Expert will be as follows:
- Be a subject matter expert for Quantis in footprinting space
- Contribute to multiple client projects including significant projects at key account level
- Develop credible, trusted relationships with senior client project contacts
- Support sales process on complex, significant opportunities at key accounts
You will be successful in your role if you:
- Master Quantis offerings within your expertise area in LCA
- Reliably deliver error-free and insightful analyses and recommendations in challenging analytical contexts
- Are seen as an effective team leader on projects and in the expert community
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU AND YOUR NEXT ROLE?
- You’re motivated to put your technical expertise to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries.
- For 5+ years you’ve been sharpening your LCA analysis skills and technical expertise in a professional setting, ideally with some experience in the consulting and private sector.
- You have a science-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You’re able to provide subject matter expertise on LCA topics, including technical analysis, modelling, and data management.
- You have strong experience working on sustainability topics. Experience in our key sectors (Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Fashion, Chemicals…) is a plus.
- You’re motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You’re able to use your technical experience to provide technical support, coaching, and technical review both internally and externally.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based strategy.
- You have a Master’s degree in engineering, environmental science or similar discipline. A PhD degree involving significant conceptual and practical use of LCA is appreciated.
- You communicate effectively in fluent French & English. You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills, in an academic and/or corporate setting.
AS A SUSTAINABILITY EXPERT, HERE’S A PREVIEW OF WHAT TYPE OF WORK YOUR DAYS WILL INCLUDE:
- Supporting project managers & strategists in understanding and implementing solutions, advising clients, reviewing project deliverables
- Developing unique innovative solutions to address challenges related to Footprinting together with other Sustainability Experts, Project Managers and Strategists
- Supporting business development colleagues in building proposals and strengthening relationships with clients
- Ensuring internal consistency and excellence of the Quantis approach in your expertise area
- Performing LCA modelling or other analytical work, or project lead/project management role, depending on the project
- Thought leadership: Developing and sharing Quantis thought leadership on LCA topics and trends; participating in relevant internal LCA-related initiatives or projects
- Explaining standard Quantis solutions and their interdependencies in a credible and compelling way
- Identifying sustainability issues across the entire scope of complex problems in a rigorously manner
- Communicating complex sustainability issues and opportunity for business value in clear and actionable way
- Challenging an operating budget with additional services
- Mentoring and guiding Sustainability Specialists
- Identifying process or system improvements that could improve project team effectiveness
- Enabling the successful delivery of projects in every stage of own work
TO THRIVE IN THE QUANTIS CULTURE, YOU’LL:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see setbacks as lessons learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
SOME OTHER DETAILS TO CONSIDER:
- Location: Hybrid Remote (offices in Paris, 75002)
- Job type: Full-time or Part-time contract depending on preferences
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis branches (US, Switzerland, Germany and Italy) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our Braver New World video.