Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 300+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
You will be expected to help the team deliver high quality metrics-based consulting services to our clients in France.
As a Sustainability Specialist – Climate at Quantis you will:
- Be responsible for performing, managing, interpreting and communicating the outcomes of climate strategies (Science Based Target frameworks and decarbonisation strategies)
- Contribute to multiple client projects, from our core sectors
- Develop productive and comfortable working relationships with client contacts
You will be successful in your role if you:
- Can credibly explain the Quantis offers and perspective to clients in project context
- Build a general understanding of business challenges in one or more core sector
- Reliably deliver error-free analyses and clearly communicate to clients and peers
- Take ownership of self-development, including knowledge and skill improvement
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU AND YOUR NEXT ROLE?
- You’re motivated to put your technical expertise to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries.
- You want to dedicate your time to guiding global companies to understand and improve their environmental performance and collaborate on deploying actions to drive change in their organizations as well as to communicate credibly on their efforts.
- For 3+ years you’ve been sharpening your skills and technical expertise in Climate Strategy performing, managing, interpreting and/or communicating the outcomes (SBT frameworks and decarbonization strategies) in a professional setting, ideally with some experience in the consulting and private sector.
- You are familiar with carbon accounting and key accounting frameworks such as GHG Protocols, ISO 14064 and other reporting frameworks (GRI, CDP).
- You have proven experience in Footprinting / Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) or interest in developing your related technical skills.
- You have a science-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills.
- You have affinity for performing technical analysis, modelling, and data management.
- You can collect, process, manage and interpret data in a form that is understandable to audiences with varying levels of knowledge on sustainability.
- You’re able to generate valuable insights from analysis, and the preparation of clear and compelling reports and presentations of results.
- As a strategic thinker, you can lead processes and provide our clients with clear recommendations in the climate strategy field.
- You have an excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You’re motivated for teamwork and supporting a team.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in environmental engineering, sciences or related disciplines.
- You communicate effectively in fluent English and French.
AS A SUSTAINABILITY SPECIALIST – CLIMATE, HERE’S A PREVIEW OF WHAT TYPE OF WORK YOUR DAYS WILL INCLUDE:
- Consulting with clients to assist them in understanding and implementing Climate Strategy topics with our experienced project managers, developing client recommendations on sustainability with guidance from other Quantisians
- Developing unique solutions to address Climate Strategy challenges together with the related key account manager
- Topics will include: SBT, neutrality, compensation, reduction roadmaps, carbon pricing, risk analysis, etc.
- Conducting a variety of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the development of client sustainability solutions. Examples of the types of work will include: Quantitative analyses such as life cycle assessment (LCA); corporate and/or product footprinting (carbon, water, other); climate impact reduction scenario modelling; and others
- Preparing clear and compelling reports and presentations of analyses, results, insights, and recommendations, to support the project team’s communication to clients.
- Supporting the project team in helping the clients in their understanding and implementation of solutions.
- Supporting sales process if requested, including contributing expertise to proposal development and client meetings
- Seeing opportunity to support others and act on it
TO THRIVE IN THE QUANTIS CULTURE, YOU’LL:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues when co-designing or co-delivering a project.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy or authority, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see setbacks as lessons learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
SOME OTHER DETAILS TO CONSIDER:
- Location: Hybrid Remote (offices in Paris, 75002)
- Job type: Full-time or Part-time contract depending on preferences
- Optimal start date: as soon as possible
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis branches (US, Switzerland, Germany and Italy) via web-conferences
- Ability to travel occasionally
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our Braver New World video.