Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business acumen. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
As a Business Developer Intern in Italy, you will be responsible to support senior business developers and develop new or expand current client relationships, effectively contribute to sell Quantis sustainability consulting services, work on documents and presentations, collaborate with sustainability consultants to deliver high-quality work.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your commercial skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re eager to learn, curious and motivated to increase your business development skills and looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: contributing to acquire new accounts, sell Quantis sustainability consulting services and working together with top notch sustainability consultants
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch
- You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing
- You speak fluent Italian and English
- You have started shaping your business development and consulting skills during at University or through a first professional experience
- You have a degree in business, marketing, engineering, environmental sciences or similar discipline.
- You have some knowledge of the main sustainability frameworks used by Quantis (Life Cycle Assessment, GHG Protocol, Science Based Targets, CDP, Water Footprinting, etc.) and very good data management and analysis skills.
As a Business Developer Intern in the Fashion & Sporting Goods sector, here’s a preview of what your days will include:
Business Development core responsibilities
- Support the business development team developing and efficiently converting leads into clients by building new relationships and accounts
- Work on presentations, commercial offers, project proposals and other marketing material preparation
- Help growing sales with new and existing clients
- Analyzing and understanding market and target client dynamics
Other core responsibilities could include
- Support client relationships to deliver outstanding-quality services to clients
- Support internal Quantis projects relevant to areas of experience and/or interest
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as a team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Italy (Milan or other locations) according to a distributed workforce framework (on-going project)
- Job type: full-time contract
- Optimal start date: January-February 2023
- Punctual collaboration with other Quantis offices (Berlin, Boston, Paris, Lausanne, Zurich) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Italy, and at times Europe
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.